Best Elongated Standard Height Toilet for California 1.28 GPF Requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Tazbom

Reaction score
Hi, all. I am looking for the best elongated standard height one piece toilet that will work within the California 1.28 gallon flush requirements. It would be for the bathroom which has a door closely adjacent to our bed. I have found that the following toilets have received recommendations, but am confused over which one to purchase as they all seem very close in their characteristics...

$691 Eco Ultramax One-Piece Toilet, 1.28 GPF, E-Max, Cefiontect
$673 Ultramax One-Piece Toilet, 1.28/.8 GPF, Tornado Flush
$619 Eco Ultramax One-Piece Toilet, 1.28 GPF, E-Max

All prices were taken from the Toto website.

I just want a quality toilet that will be low maintenance, problem free, and best for it's location near our bed for as long as possible.

Is there one of these that would be the best option for our situation?

Is Cefiontect worth the additional cost?

Is either the Tornado Flush or E-max the better option?

Is there a noise difference between the three that would impact us having our bed adjacent to the bathroom door?

Is there a toilet from another brand that would be best?

I need it shipped to California or to pick it up locally. Do you have a recommendation for the best place to purchase it at a good price?

Any help that you can give to me and my wife would be much appreciated!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
You can see the test stats here at the MaP testing service: https://www.map-testing.com/
I only install toilets that flush 1,000 on MaP score. None of the toilets you list flush above 800.
If you don't mind the looks of the tank, the Toto Entrada costs under $200. and comes elongated and with right height/ADA.
Cefiontect is nice.
We've used the Entrada on dozens of apartments over the years and have had no problems. We plumbers buy at local plumbing supply houses that stock whichever brand we are looking for.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You don't have model numbers there, but for standard height, the MS854114EG is good.
Any MaP rating over 500 has been good enough. Some of the low numbers where old numbers when they used bean paste which is more sticky.
Now they test with plastic, which slides through better. The numbers all shot up.
There are plenty of TOTO dealers in your area. No need for shipping.

The CST244EF Entrada is good, but adds 1.5" to the height.

The MS604114CEFG is also good, but also adds the extra height.

Tazbom

Reaction score
You can see the test stats here at the MaP testing service: https://www.map-testing.com/
I only install toilets that flush 1,000 on MaP score. None of the toilets you list flush above 800.
If you don't mind the looks of the tank, the Toto Entrada costs under $200. and comes elongated and with right height/ADA.
Cefiontect is nice.
We've used the Entrada on dozens of apartments over the years and have had no problems. We plumbers buy at local plumbing supply houses that stock whichever brand we are looking for.
Thank you.

Tazbom

Reaction score
You don't have model numbers there, but for standard height, the MS854114EG is good.
Any MaP rating over 500 has been good enough. Some of the low numbers where old numbers when they used bean paste which is more sticky.
Now they test with plastic, which slides through better. The numbers all shot up.

Thank you very much!

Tazbom

Reaction score

Terry, how about the ULTRAMAX® ONE-PIECE TOILET, 1.28 GPF & 0.8 GPF ELONGATED BOWL SKU: MS856124CEMG#01 vs the ECO ULTRAMAX ONE-PIECETOILET, 1.28 GPF, ELIONGATED BOWL SKU: MS854114EG?

Of the two, which toilet would function better, last longer, be more dependale on a day to day basis, cost less to maintain, and be more maintenance free overall? They seem to similar except that the first one has Tornado Flush and the 1.28/.8 while the second has E-Max and 1.28. We just want a toilet that rids waste the highest percentage of flushes and is as maintenance and cost free as possible long-term. Any direction you can give is much appreciated!

Tazbom

Reaction score
How about the ULTRAMAX® ONE-PIECE TOILET, 1.28 GPF & 0.8 GPF ELONGATED BOWL SKU: MS856124CEMG#01 vs the ECO ULTRAMAX ONE-PIECETOILET, 1.28 GPF, ELIONGATED BOWL SKU: MS854114EG?

Of the two, which toilet would function better, last longer, be more dependale on a day to day basis, cost less to maintain, and be more maintenance free overall? They seem to similar except that the first one has Tornado Flush and the 1.28/.8 while the second has E-Max and 1.28. We just want a toilet that rids waste the highest percentage of flushes and is as maintenance and cost free as possible long-term. Any direction you can give is much appreciated!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would not install a dual flush Ultramax with their new design. The bowl is too shallow, not much water in the bowl, hard to keep clean.
MS856124CEMG#01

If you do install one, please come back and let us know your feelings on it. Most homeowners aren't liking them. New design, new problems.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah, I've stopped installing the dual flush until they redesign it. The latest Drake has gone back to single flush too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks