Symmons spindle replacement problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Diane1166

Reaction score
I have an old Symmons Temptrol system. I bought a genuine Symmons spindle but when I screw the cap on it, there is an almost 1/4" gap between the cap thread and the spindle 'ring'. There's about 1/8" gap with the old spindle. Is there supposed to be a gap like that? The threads are slightly different on both spindles (see pic), do I have the wrong one?

When I screw the spindle and cap back in, the spindle is too tight and it only rotates half as far as it should. What have I done wrong?

Attachments

• 20210416_190702.jpg
    20210416_190702.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 20210416_194324.jpg
    20210416_194324.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 20210416_194352.jpg
    20210416_194352.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Paulypfunk

In the Trades
Reaction score
Small differences are often a bad sign. I couldn’t tell from your photos, maybe post a full shot showing their overall length next to each other? If the stem lengths are different but the bits are exactly the same, maybe you can steal parts of the new one to rebuild the old one?

Diane1166

Reaction score
Small differences are often a bad sign. I couldn’t tell from your photos, maybe post a full shot showing their overall length next to each other? If the stem lengths are different but the bits are exactly the same, maybe you can steal parts of the new one to rebuild the old one?

Thanks for your response. They are exactly the same in every way except what you can see in the threads.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks