Deep well jet pump and Jet size?

Users who are viewing this thread

pyro1955

Reaction score
How do I confirm that the Jet in the well is the proper Jet for the Pump?
Have Wayne CWS50 1/2 hp pump on a 2 inch packer jet setup, the jet/foot valve
is at 30 feet. I replaced the pump with the exact same pump when the well started
acting up initially, before pulling the drop pipe. i have since replaced everything, except for the Jet/Packer
assembly. Finally got the leathers sealed, and while the well is holding prime, and is pumping water
it is still extremely slow, my best guess is the jet is not the right one for this pump, betting it was never
matched for this pump, How do i find out what jet should be there, and where do i find one? there seems
to be plenty of water available, if i can get it to pump it out. have searched for wayne Jets, venturi's etc.. can not find anything. Please help

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I do not know the answer to your question but debris can get in the jet blocking it some, especially after a rebuild.

pyro1955

Reaction score
I do not know the answer to your question but debris can get in the jet blocking it some, especially after a rebuild.
I replaced everything, except the jet, but it was cleaned. before the well failed, it really never pumped like I believe it should, suspect the jet was never changed when the pump I replaced was installed. Hard to understand why its so hard to get the info and or parts to get this setup properly.

pyro1955

Reaction score
It maybe a clogged jet as Worth said. But a 1/2HP jet from 30' isn't going to produce 5 GPM anyway. Might just need a larger pump.
I would be more than happy with 5 gallons a minute. The chart on the pump says it should do over 6 gallons a minute. since its a cabin, I would be more than happy with it. would just like to know why it seems to be a secret to know what jet should be in the packer.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you cannot get good info and parts for a pump, that tells you a lot about the pump. I cannot believe people buy pumps on line when they don't even have a performance chart, much less a curve or any information really. Even with the correct jet and nozzle a 1/2HP isn't going to make much water from that depth.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks