IPC Fixture unit questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Rossn

Reaction score
I'm on 2015 IPC... a few questions on Table E103.3(2) content:

- Hose bib isn't in the table. Use 2.5 for the first and 1.0 for each additional?
- Largish family front loader washing machine... use the 8.0lb private? That number seems small. What does a washer like this flow in GPM?
- OK to put Kitchen Sink, Dishwasher, and Prep sink on one 1/2" copper for Hot?
- My numbers seem to come back a fair bit lower when using a 'bathroom group', versus the individual fixtures. Do I have to add anything to 'bathroom group' for 2 sinks, 3/4 vs full bath, etc?

- Cold vs warm fixture units... due to DWH recirc and remodel conditions, my cold/hot water plumbing will not be symmetrical. Is the intent to use the total fixture units for sizing the main line and supply trunk, and use the hot and cold numbers individually to size branches?

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is the intent to use the total fixture units for sizing the main line and supply trunk, and use the hot and cold numbers individually to size branches?

Yes. you use 3/4 of the combined hot and cold fixtures to size the main and the full wsfu numbers to size the individual lines.

- My numbers seem to come back a fair bit lower when using a 'bathroom group', versus the individual fixtures. Do I have to add anything to 'bathroom group' for 2 sinks, 3/4 vs full bath, etc?

I would add another 3/4 lav wsfu for that.

OK to put Kitchen Sink, Dishwasher, and Prep sink on one 1/2" copper for Hot?

I would use 3/4 for the main branch.

- Largish family front loader washing machine... use the 8.0lb private? That number seems small. What does a washer like this flow in GPM?

The washer documentation should specify.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks