Clawfoot tub shower replacement query

Users who are viewing this thread

kevinc22

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this site, but over the years have gotten great advice by reading the forums. Thanks.
I'm looking to replace the whole setup for our clawfoot tub with something better than the inexpensive faucet with the diverter that works for a couple of months and then quits.
The issue I have is my ceiling height. I have only 61 1/2" from my current tub wall mounted faucet ( top of faucet where riser comes out) to the ceiling. I haven't been able to find a setup to make that work. All are too long. The current setup has 2 chrome pipes with a connection midway between the faucet and shower head. I've had an offer to retap a pipe from a new kit, but with the adage that there's no guarantee the tap won't damage the riser finish.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks