Jet pump conversion to Submersible

Users who are viewing this thread

Don Burgett

Reaction score
I have a bore well with a 30" cement casing. I need to form an extension and add 6" to riser. It has a 21" cement cap. The riser is only 2" above grade. I want to install a submersible. Do I need to worry about torque? I suppose any work will have to be permitted, but do I need a license or can I just do better than code?

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a bore well with a 30" cement casing. I need to form an extension and add 6" to riser. It has a 21" cement cap. The riser is only 2" above grade. I want to install a submersible. Do I need to worry about torque?
I presume you will use a 1/2 hp 10 gpm pump. 1/2 hp has less torque than bigger motors.

For sure you want the pump in a flow inducer sleeve.

Will the pump be vertical or horizontal?
Will you use pvc or SIDR polyethylene below your pitless adapter, or if you don't plan to have a pitless adapter, how will you deal with freezing?
Have you figured out how to mount the pitless adapter?

I am not a pro.

I suppose any work will have to be permitted, but do I need a license or can I just do better than code?
I think that is a question for the people that issue the permit.

Don Burgett

Reaction score
I have a bore well with a 30" cement casing. I need to form an extension and add 6" to riser. It has a 21" cement cap. The riser is only 2" above grade. I want to install a submersible. Do I need to worry about torque? I suppose any work will have to be permitted, but do I need a license or can I just do better than code?
I presume you will use a 1/2 hp 10 gpm pump. 1/2 hp has less torque than bigger motors.

For sure you want the pump in a flow inducer sleeve.

Will the pump be vertical or horizontal?
Will you use pvc or SIDR polyethylene below your pitless adapter, or if you don't plan to have a pitless adapter, how will you deal with freezing?
Have you figured out how to mount the pitless adapter?

I am not a pro.

I think that is a question for the people that issue the permit.
The pump will be vert. I'd planned to use all existing ABS with no pitiless adapter because freezing isn't a issue. This all came up on an inspection:
riser distance, and 1/2hp Gould jet pump.
works good , easy maint, just can't sell the house with it. Not that I'm in a rush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks