Washing Machine drain

Users who are viewing this thread

RasJ

Reaction score
I am currently turning the part of my garage where the washer/dryer is into a laundry room, which includes adding a utility sink. So after much internet researching, especially this site, and brain racking I came up with the following in the pictures below. I have 2 questions: 1. Did I do this correctly? I know I shouldnt have put the sink drain on the bottom but I didnt want to cut the cast iron pipe (or should i have just cut it down?) and 2. The P-trap for the washer sticks out of the wall a little... can i use a 22 degree elbow past the P-trap to angle it back in and get the standpipe behind the waterlines?
Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• IMG-0618.jpg
    IMG-0618.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG-0628.jpg
    IMG-0628.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG-0646.jpg
    IMG-0646.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 340

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Other than the elbow for the sink, it's good. A long sweep elbow must be used. A street elbow can be used. The 90 you have is ok for venting or for water supply such as irrigation.

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-16_19-29-49.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-16_19-29-49.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 242

RasJ

Reaction score
I tried to enlarge photos and attach them here. Yes that is a pressure 90 for the sink stub out... is that a problem?

Attachments

• 45653.jpg
    45653.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 81229.jpg
    81229.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 265

RasJ

Reaction score
Other than the elbow for the sink, it's good. A long sweep elbow must be used. A street elbow can be used. The 90 you have is ok for venting or for water supply such as irrigation.

Ok thank you. What about the washing machine drain past the P-trap and notch in stud... can i cut the pipe there and add a 22 degree elbow to angle it towards the exterior to try and get the stand pipe behind the water lines?

PlumbNuts

SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
riverviewplumbingrepair.com
Ok thank you. What about the washing machine drain past the P-trap and notch in stud... can i cut the pipe there and add a 22 degree elbow to angle it towards the exterior to try and get the stand pipe behind the water lines?
It appears from the picture that if you would have swung the trap to the back side of the water line it would have fit. If that were the case then just a couple of 45's on your standpipe would get you under the box.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks