Chimney liner question

Users who are viewing this thread

Dario

Reaction score
Going from oil to gas boiler cast iron in a couple years going to install chimney liner is it better to buy a stainless steel insulated liner or non insulated liner. Chimney now is terra cotta liner 25 feet . thank you

Nebojsa

Reaction score
Cant speak for others,just had a chimney liner installed last year for my boiler. I asked about a stainless steel liner.The HVAC people told me they install the stainless steel liners where high temperature is involved :fireplaces,wood burning stove's.

For the boiler the regular insert will do unless you want to spend the money for stainless steel. Would be interesting to hear other opinions.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
When I took out my huge oil-fired boiler I installed 2 small gas boilers.

All that was required is I have a licensed chimney sweep clean all the soot and file the job that the existing chimney was safe

You may find it cost-effective to contact your local building department and ask the inspector

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Cant speak for others,just had a chimney liner installed last year for my boiler. I asked about a stainless steel liner.The HVAC people told me they install the stainless steel liners where high temperature is involved :fireplaces,wood burning stove's.

It's just as or even more important to install a liner on newer boilers that have a lower stack temp, and is a requirement on mod/cons that are vented through the original flue. Cool condensation will probably destroy the masonry faster than a hot flue temp will.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks