Stubborn Toilet Obstruction

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt A

Reaction score
Hey guys I've got a Stubborn toilet clog. Here is the crazy thing it's a 2 story house I've got my master bath which is the toilet that's clogged....10' away is a 1/2 bath and toilet which drains fine the master shower drains fine as well as all the sink's.... It's a complete mystery. The toilet is holding water all the way to the rim... Plunging does nothing (nice bellows style) and I ran a snake 20' in and that did nothing. Thank God my wax ring is holding or I would flood the entire upstairs! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I guess my next step is to remove the toilet and water blast the drain?

Reach4

Reaction score
Check this article on the closet auger: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-use-a-closet-auger-on-a-plugged-toilet.18133/

. The toilet is holding water all the way to the rim
How long does the water stay up?

If you remove the toilet, that might be a good time to switch to a more modern toilet that will be less prone to clogging.

auger_01.jpg

Matt A

Reaction score
I will definitely check out that thread the toilet is a 4 or 5 year old Kohler dual flush elongated which has served us well up until now:((

Matt A

Reaction score
Excellent information! Thank you so much for the links. I wish this would be a Smurf or a GI Joe. I guess I'll pull the bowl tomorrow and go from there.

Matt A

Reaction score
Just thought I would report back..... Success! So I removed the bowl and snaked it with my new commercial duty reinforced cable snake auger and finished it off with a drain dog hose attachment. Working perfectly now!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks