Suggestions for Furnace and Hydronic Heating

Users who are viewing this thread

statin

Reaction score
I just posted about a furnace issue I am having but this post is to get some suggestions on the possibility of replacing the furnace with a unit that could also heat infloor. Or is it better to have two separate heat sources. I don't really know the pros and cons of a single unit or two separate units. My preference is to keep it simple and efficient. I don't mind paying more for something I can worry less about or save me time or money going forward. So I have infloor heating hydronic tubing but no boiler system. We have a propane furnace that may need replacing. I had planned to get a tankless boiler system at some point in the near future and done some prepping for it. I had to do some work on sump draining and while I had the side of the house dug out I went ahead and ran additional exhaust and intake for a future boiler system so it would be a easy install. Now with some furnace issues I am thinking of maybe a system that can heat infloor and HVAC If anyone has some suggestions or pros and cons to a single heat source or two independent source I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Fitter30

Reaction score
No one to my knowledge makes a furnace boiler combination. Combi water heater/ boiler yes. Do have any idea how many feet of tubing per loop tubing size ,how many loops and type of pex. With radiate not all floor coverings can be used. What size is your furnace? How does it perform in your coldest weather?

statin

Reaction score
No one to my knowledge makes a furnace boiler combination. Combi water heater/ boiler yes. Do have any idea how many feet of tubing per loop tubing size ,how many loops and type of pex. With radiate not all floor coverings can be used. What size is your furnace? How does it perform in your coldest weather?

fitter30, thanks for your reply. I do not know much about the infloor. The person who installed it is someone who I am going to get a quote from and can get that info. All flooring with radiant is carpet or tile. I believe that is ok. There are two sections, one is for the garage and the other is basically the lower basement level. I don't plan to heat the garage but may consider sizing the unit to heat it but again I am not a garage heater kinda person. The garage has 2 loops and the house has 3 loops. I did a little reading and what I guess I am looking for is a tankless boiler system plumbed for both infloor and hydronic forced air. Seems like a simple set up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks