K-8304 Kohler Shower/Bath Faucet Constant Drip

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark2276

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a Kohler (model Rubicon) Bath/Shower Faucet installed last year during a bathroom remodel. After the install there was a constant drip from the tub spout after the faucet was shut off. I contacted Kohler and they sent me a replacement (one piece cartridge) (model GP 800881 - replacement cartridge for K-8304 valve). This seemed to work initially, but now there are occasions where when turned off water still drips (continuously). I contacted Kohler again today and they indicated that the part that was replaced is the only part that would cause the problem that I'm having. They are sending out a new cartridge. Also, oddly enough ever since this unit was installed the hot water does not seem to be as hot as in the previous faucet (even after I removed the collar for max temperature adjustment).

My questions are: could I potentially have received two defective cartridges? If so, are the any other manufacturers that make replacement cartridges for this valve (I can't seem to locate one in my searches). And are there other possible causes for this problem. I don't appear to have any leaks behind the cartridge that I can identify and the install of the valve seems to be fine (from what I can tell).

Thanks very much.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think only Kohler makes parts for that. I do see in their instructions though there there are two ways to install the stop tab.

k-3404-parts.jpg

k-8304-open-the-stops-2.jpg

Last edited:

Mark2276

Reaction score
I think only Kohler makes parts for that. I do see in their instructions though there there are two ways to install the stop tab.

That's helpful for solving the temperature issue. Hopefully it's just a couple bad cartridges re: the drip. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks