20210120_090153.jpg

Attachments

• 20210120_090210.jpg
    20210120_090210.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 156

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is a Phylrich thermostatic shower valve. From the looks it is a 1st generation that used a Grohe cartridge. You remove the handle loosening set screws at the base of the handle. To remove the escutcheon plate you will need to locate a very small hole on the underside. Original screw is very small for flat head screw. You should be able to expose the rough valve. It does have service stops to isolate this valve without turning the water off to the house.

Jaygrohe

Reaction score
This is a Phylrich thermostatic shower valve. From the looks it is a 1st generation that used a Grohe cartridge. You remove the handle loosening set screws at the base of the handle. To remove the escutcheon plate you will need to locate a very small hole on the underside. Original screw is very small for flat head screw. You should be able to expose the rough valve. It does have service stops to isolate this valve without turning the water off to the house.
Do you have instructions how to isolate this valve without turning the water off. Also, what cartridge # do we need to replace with?

Jaygrohe

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the reply

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The valve you have is a 34419 using 47025 cartridge. The isolation valves are the outermost valves that take a allen wrench to turn. Hopefully you will be able to see my attachments. The trim shows screws holding the escutcheon on. They used both ways for the trim. If when you remove the trim and the valve looks like this it is a 2nd generation valve #34Therm_001 using cartridge # ZIPXCART.

valve-34419.jpg

Attachments

• [Untitled] (50).pdf
    88.3 KB · Views: 171
  • [Untitled] (51).pdf
    175.9 KB · Views: 150

Jaygrohe

Reaction score
The valve you have is a 34419 using 47025 cartridge. The isolation valves are the outermost valves that take a allen wrench to turn. Hopefully you will be able to see my attachments. The trim shows screws holding the escutcheon on. They used both ways for the trim. If when you remove the trim and the valve looks like this it is a 2nd generation valve #34Therm_001 using cartridge # ZIPXCART.
thanks a lot this helps. I think its first generation valve when we opened it looks like this

jaygrohe-02.jpg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-24 at 22.27.49.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-24 at 22.27.49.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 197

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This valve is Grohe 34092. I would investigate the stops and check valves to determine if the green oxidation is due to a current leak. The main thermostatic cartridge is 47301. 1 piece not shown is a green cap ( #08060)connecting the cartridge to the handle. They will occasionally crack.

grohe-green-cap.jpg

Attachments

• [Untitled] (53).pdf
    97.6 KB · Views: 185
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks