Plumbing washer outlet/sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Mdeckard82

Reaction score
I’m looking to do the plumbing in my basement for my laundry as well as move the sink. Currently the utility sink drains into the red pipe. Which I think is a vent for the floor drain circled in yellow. My main stack is about 10’ to the left of all these pipes and floor drain. My kitchen sink drains into the pipe that is colored purple. I don’t know for sure but I would bet my kitchen sink uses the red pipe as a vent. In my attic there’s a pipe that runs over to the main stack that’s above my kitchen. Both red and purple pipes run up into the wall upstairs. All these pipes are 2”. I did not plumb the current utility sink to the red pipe someone before I lived here did. I have moved it temporarily till I get everything else done. All new plumbing for outlet and sink will be 2” as well as 2” vent. Would I be able to plumb into these pipes like I have in the black diagram?

Option1: black diagram

Option2: would be run the vent and drain to the to the red pipe. but I feel like this maybe wet venting the floor drain. I have no clue how it’s plumbed under the slab.

thanks for all the help in advance!

Mike

82B978B6-2579-415A-B73C-D2C54EA48407.jpeg 49451540-7E56-4E89-B832-F173E53F4832.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would run the two sinks from the purple which is also the drain for the kitchen upstairs.
I would vent over to the red. You can cut the santee in lower than the cleanout which gives you better options for laying out the two sinks.
It sounds like you've done good detective work.

Mdeckard82

Reaction score
Thanks for your time Terry! That’s the plan!

Thank you
I would run the two sinks from the purple which is also the drain for the kitchen upstairs.
I would vent over to the red. You can cut the santee in lower than the cleanout which gives you better options for laying out the two sinks.
It sounds like you've done good detective work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks