Toto toilet tank leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Weary_landlord

Reaction score
My Toto Carrollton tank started leaking badly today. Somewhere from the bottom, can't tell where. Can't see any obvious cracks looking in. Installed in 2006. I guess I need to have replacement hardware ready, pull the tank, clean/sand/inspect, and reset. My question-- are these washers and gaskets, and the bowl to tank gasket standard items I can find at the hardware store? Or do I need to get everything from Toto?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For a 2006 toilet I would replace the supply line and perhaps the fill valve too. The tank bolts are standard stuff.

toto-tank-parts.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Make sure to not put a metal washer INSIDE of the tank...the bolt should only go through the rubber one. A good kit will have a second nut and metal washer...use a set to clamp the bolt onto the tank, then the second nut and washer to attach it to the bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks