Looking to validate sewer design options

Users who are viewing this thread

Gonz

Reaction score
Hello, I am really appreciative for the info in this forum as it has helped me in the past. Now with more DIY experience am planning on adding a bathroom to a detached garage. I have read quite a bit about it and came up with a couple of designs, moving the sink vs the toilet, to cover the sewer and venting. The bathroom is 5'x5' and will have an enclosed shower stall. Will any of the options be up to code or am I over my head for a DIYer? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

PS in any turns I know to use 2 45s or 90 sweeps also not using san-tees other than in the vent... I learned that from this forum :) - this is not my first bathroom remodel

Attachments

• 20210104_111718.jpg
    20210104_111718.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 20210104_111730.jpg
    20210104_111730.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 171

Gonz

Reaction score
In the second one the shower is NOT vented. In both of them that "vent" to the left is useless.
Thanks hj, I was thinking of combining the vents to go out so both won't go up. I'm guessing that that is why you are saying is useless? Also will the "option 1" be ok? Thank you!

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I understand Oregon uses the UPC.

In option 2, the dry vented lav would have to join the shower first, then the separately vented WC could join in downstream of that. That allows the lav to wet vent the shower. The 2" shower trap arm is limited to 60" in the UPC. The vent takeoff for the WC would need to be a wye rolled up with another elbow to go horizontal under the slab at a higher elevation than the WC drain.

Option 1 is fine, and you can delete the left hand vent. The WC is wet vented by the lav, just like the shower is.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks