Radiator Actuator Cap Missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Neil Lynch

Reaction score
Hello, I am missing a simple but important part on several of my radiators in my home. The missing piece is a small plastic cap on the actuator valve of my radiator. It allows for me to manually shut off (or turn down) the heat coming from a specific radiator. Picture of the cap and the valve without the cap are attached.

Does anyone know where a part like this can be purchased? Is there another work around? Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_3717.jpeg
    IMG_3717.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3714.jpeg
    IMG_3714.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 140

Neil Lynch

Reaction score
The stem sticking out see if it pushes in take something sturdy to push it in and take a pic of the valve body both sides.
Steam radiator. That looks like it might be a Danfoss thermostatic operated valve. They make different operators. Does that red cap have danfoss on it?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Danfoss-RA...3b3e749225:g:q24AAOSwTw1eXFtO&redirect=mobile

Thank you very much. You are correct. The stem sticking out pushes in and it is a thermostatic operated valve. I don't really need the thermostatic option on this radiator...just looking for the simple cap to push in the stem and turn the radiator off (or down).

I uploaded the photos you requested. Let me know if you can think of anywhere to purchase these caps or any other work around. Thanks again.
IMG_3747.jpeg
IMG_3737.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
Did you notice the question in #2?

Fitter30

Reaction score
The valve cap is a throw away item used for shipping and keeping the stem protected till operator is installed. Try emailing danfoss with pics of that valve body. Maybe some one has one in their drawer. Wouldn't doubt valve is obsolete. If this doesn't pan out try heatinghelp.com click on "the wall" it's another forum
Phone: 1-888-DANFOSS (326-3677) - choose option #3 for heating
Email:

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Sorry. I missed that question. It does not say Danfoss on it. It says B&G.

Thank you!
Bell and Gossett has been bought and sold a few times. Try that heatinghelp.com
Maybe you can find a cap off like a spray can or something similar to cover it up.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks