Attaching water sample spigot to wellhead

Users who are viewing this thread

JHArizona

Reaction score
I want to attach a spigot to my well head...and can see the threaded base coming out of the side of the pipe. However it doesn't look like anything else I have seen. On top of the pipe, there is a metal threaded cap about the size of a quarter labelled 75psi and when you unscrew it there is access to the well pipe. About an inch down is a plate or small value that looks like it would turn with a wide bladed screwdriver.

My question. If I attach a spigot to the side of the pipe where the threaded port is located...what will allow the water to flow out the spigot? Do I need to do something with the small port with the 75psi cap?
Pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 192

Reach4

Reaction score
want to attach a spigot to my well head...and can see the threaded base coming out of the side of the pipe. However it doesn't look like anything else I have seen. On top of the pipe, there is a metal threaded cap about the size of a quarter labelled 75psi and when you unscrew it there is access to the well pipe. About an inch down is a plate or small value that looks like it would turn with a wide bladed screwdriver.
That is a pressure relief valve, to prevent the pump deadheading. The screw under the cap is an adjustment.

Below that is probably something that would unscrew. You could put a tee, and run the new sample spigot and the relief valve from the two outputs of the tee.

Kevink1955

Reaction score
Before you unscrew anything, show or tell us what is under the relief valve under the black wrap. I would not want to unscrew anything on top of the well cap just incase the relief valve is the only thing holding the discharge pipe and pump from falling into the well !!

Even if you can remove the relief valve the water you get may be a backflow from the pressure tank, it all depends on the location of check valves and pressure switch. We need to know more about your system to advise you properly

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks