Toilet drains tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ok I usually do most repairs on my stuff but have been busy so I hired a licensed plumber to replace old cast drain iron stack from a second floor bath of an apartment to the basement. The picture below is what I have. toilet is draining into a waste tee and another waste tee drains the tub placed before the toilet. The other 3” drain pipe line is the sink drain and that continues to roof. No way or reason a wye couldn’t have been used. So not only do I have one toilet on a tee they did the exact same thing in the basement for the bathroom on the first floor. Plenty of room in both areas. I can’t think of any reason but I was always taught drain tee is only used for horizontal to vertical directional fitting.

Attachments

• 3639A3B4-B277-4511-8392-0004F5083DD9.jpeg
    3639A3B4-B277-4511-8392-0004F5083DD9.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 204

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for responding. Few other things I’ve notice.. reg 90 elbow off closet flange second floor bath ( closet bend or long sweep 90 necessary?) another regular 90 elbow on the bottom of the stack in basement. No long sweep 90 or 45’s. I would think a wye with Clean out at the bottom of that stack should have been installed before picking up first floor toilet. ( picture below, right side is stack from second floor)
Are these concerns besides the tee not code worthy or just poor plumbing?
Looks like it’s also time to replace some leaky copper pipe.

Attachments

• CB3B1AA8-E19C-41C9-9B54-46835805CC83.jpeg
    CB3B1AA8-E19C-41C9-9B54-46835805CC83.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 189

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Tughillrzr, what part of NY?
I don't see any primer! The floor joist looks like a fresh cut oversized notch.

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tughillrzr, what part of NY?
I don't see any primer! The floor joist looks like a fresh cut oversized notch.

Just outside Syracuse. Notch is 20 plus years old so not there doing. primer was used. I think besides the regular purple primer your allowed to use primer that shows up w UV light on waste lines. ( I’m not in the city ) Not that I have uv light to check. Looking carefully you can tell at least clear primer was used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks