Navien NHB-150 LOOK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Went and looked at this wall hung boiler. Lots of wires inside are cooked too. What would cause this

Attachments

• 20201203_113422.jpg
    20201203_113422.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 20201203_113428.jpg
    20201203_113428.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 256

Fitter30

Reaction score
Does the wiring insulation look melted or black and burnt? Melted something shorted out pulling enough amps on small wires to overheat them. Burnt isn't that burn hole in cover in line to burner sight glass?

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does the wiring insulation look melted or black and burnt? Melted something shorted out pulling enough amps on small wires to overheat them. Burnt isn't that burn hole in cover in line to burner sight glass?
Its in line with site glass, there are multiple spots where wires are burnt, and melted plastic

Navien Inc

Reaction score
Went and looked at this wall hung boiler. Lots of wires inside are cooked too. What would cause this

This post has come to Navien’s attention and we are interested in speaking with anyone that has experienced this issue. We realize this post was made a few months ago, but we would like to speak with anyone who had this to try and find out what caused this. If you are willing to speak to us, we would like to gather some information from you. We can have someone call you or your plumber. Please just let us know. Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have no idea what happened above, but I have been running a Navien in my home for about eight years, and just installed one for my daughter last month. The only thing I have done with mine is clean out the incoming screen on the air intake two years ago. I'm on Woodinville city water which is pretty clean.

Navien Inc

Reaction score
I have no idea what happened above, but I have been running a Navien in my home for about eight years, and just installed one for my daughter last month. The only thing I have done with mine is clean out the incoming screen on the air intake two years ago. I'm on Woodinville city water which is pretty clean.

Thanks, Terry! We’re glad to hear you’ve had a great experience with the product to continue using them elsewhere. Please feel free to reach out to us if you ever have any questions or concerns at productservice@navien.com. Thanks again.

TEch99

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry! We’re glad to hear you’ve had a great experience with the product to continue using them elsewhere. Please feel free to reach out to us if you ever have any questions or concerns at productservice@navien.com. Thanks again.

Its strange you come here praising the forum owner but won't address the oil found in in your boiler, the issue with your boiler is not just a reliability issue but the high cost price by installers, the high maintenance fees and the high cost of repair once an installer finds out the home owner has a Navien. It is not a cost effective solution to have navien vs a conventional boiler . One will never recoup the upfront cost invested into these units, that's aside from other facts that plaque this product such as poor customer service. In my opinion your boilers are junk compared to a conventional chimney vented boiler, this factors in maintenance hours, installation cost, reliability, and price, all for an extra 10% of supposed energy savings. NOT WORTH IT.

TEch99

Reaction score
And just because you did not experience the above does not mean there isn't an issue with these units. Hope this is a fair statement.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Wouldn't there be error codes
Probably not it wouldn't be flame failure burner is running with delay ignition, flue temperature limit 230* for 10 seconds before it trips, if burner was burning dirty flue temperature is down and flame might be wiping the glass. Without tearing heater apart its only a guess.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks