RESOLVED Dilemma - sprayer-leak risk vs. swivel-spray pot-clearance risk

Users who are viewing this thread

Minni

Reaction score
This Q also addresses TuttlesRevenge based on my previous "Why" posting.

Hi, hopefully someone with faucet experience can assess these pics. and answer. I'm undecided between Moen & Delta, though vaccillating toward Moen as i've not had luck with Delta's products or personnel. I even have a painful bump on the rear-crown of my head compliments of peerless. It will be a miracle if it heals.

I'm considering the Moen Adler 87046 faucet https://embed.widencdn.net/img/moen/wpvikqg9hf/514x514px/87046.tif.jpg?q=90
as compared to this Delta B2310LF https://media.deltafaucet.com/elvis/OnWhite/md/B2310LF-B1.png

In my comparison, I'm trying to determine:
(1) whether to cap off the Moen sprayer and instead use a Swivel Aerator to clean sink bowls, or
(2) use its sprayer but risk sprayer leaks - though this Moen i believe is more solidly built

The problem with item #1 - is that it's low arc - as is the Delta.
So that leads to item #3 which is:

(3) If i unscrew the Aerators of either the Delta B2310LF
......or the Moen 87046
........then screw on Waternymph or Bubble-stream aerator
...........will the Delta?? or Moen?? be the winner at giving better clearance for tall-pots?
...............because even 1/8 inch can make a difference sometimes.

Tangent: Delta & Moen designers were so silly. Didn't they realize that if the latter models were only, say. an inch higher clearance, more people would have latched onto them? I mean, how difficult was it for their designers to make them Medium-low arc versus low-arc or high-arc? The reason for alot of the horribleness of this world is because the science-minded and [EDIT compliments of Reach4] art-oriented people don't ask the practical-minded people for their feedback. Rather they jump right in with their ridiculous plans and create grief for the myriads.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
The reason for alot of the horribleness of this world is because the science-minded people don't ask the practical-minded people for their feedback.
Now I thought it was because designers are sometimes art-oriented more than function-oriented.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Chicago Faucet.png

Minni

Reaction score
That's not my budget (i thought i posted that, but it seems to have disappeared). I ordered Moen, so:
RESOLVED

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks