Santec Kriss V, Cold side on faucet drip

Users who are viewing this thread

kramca

Reaction score
This is likely a Kohler or Delta faucet set that was installed by my marble people before they brought out the black granite top years ago.

The cold side has a slight drip. Please tell me this is a DIY repair. I am stuck

santec-kirss-v-faucet.jpg

Attachments

• cold side leaking.jpeg
    cold side leaking.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 367

Reach4

Reaction score
The cold side has a slight drip. Please tell me this is a DIY repair. I am stuck
Leaking above or below the blue label? I am guessing above.

Above the blue label at the top of the hose, there a appears to be an anomaly where the cold side has a gap and the hot side does not. I am surprised that the cold hose is on the left. Good thing they provided a label.

Who provided the faucet? If the granite guys, they may do the repair.

kramca

Reaction score
I bought the faucets fifteen years ago. They worked fine until last week. They do not leak. There is a drip or trickle from the cold faucet spout above.

Reach4

Reaction score
I bought the faucets fifteen years ago. They worked fine until last week. They do not leak. There is a drip or trickle from the cold faucet spout above.
You probably mean cold drips from the only spout. I would think that would usually mean you need a new cartridge.

Last edited:

kramca

Reaction score
Precisely. I am happy to get a new cartridge but have no idea how to R & R given the picture I posted...all I have done so far is remove the small screws. Now what ?

A drain cleaner guy took a l

kramca

Reaction score
look at it and did not know if there was a part or if the entire thing needed to be replaced. Surely, there is a part to fix a drip.

Just need some steps. I am handy with wood.....not that much advanced plumbing.

Reach4

Reaction score
You want to post a picture of the top. Based on that, somebody (not me) is likely to recognize what you have.

kramca

Reaction score
I'll start over

here is the cold side as originally posted
followed by the same Assembly on the hot side with a red tag
and the top view

If I need to replace the cold side cartridge, I can if I know how to get to it.

thanks to the community for your help

Attachments

• cold side leaking.jpeg
    cold side leaking.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 162
  • hot side.jpeg
    hot side.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 175
  • faucet drip cold.jpeg
    faucet drip cold.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 181

kramca

Reaction score
I'll start over

here is the cold side as originally posted
followed by the same Assembly on the hot side with a red tag
and the top view

thanks to the community for your help

I take it that a cartridge applies to a single spout situation. Then what do I need just to stop the drip from the cold faucet spout ?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
1 turn off water. 2 remove handle and trim 3 remove cartridge. 4 replace and re install
to take off handle you need to figure out if it has set screw or screw on top under a cap. You may need to you tube it dosent sound like youve worked on a faucet . its simple just isnt easy to look at it and figure out. or take a lot of close up pics and pick brain of guy at hardware store or us

kramca

Reaction score
The very first thing I did was turn off the water and try to remove the handle and trim. Despite trying to pad the handle you can see my pliers marred the cold side handle a bit. If there is a removable cap to reveal a screw, they hid it well.

IMG_5196.jpeg IMG_5193.jpeg IMG_5195.jpeg IMG_5194.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think your best bet is to remove the holding nut under the counter to allow the top part of the faucet to be lifted off the counter. Then maybe it can be unthreaded from the valve body.
Maybe unthreading it a bit will be enough.

kramca

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. If I understand you, I take my plumbing wrench, put the jaws on the flats and turn counterclockwise without removing the hoses ?
Obviously, that is why there is a flat. I just didn't want to make a mistake. I can see that is the only way to loosen the faucet body above.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The part that threads down is the flat piece up against the counter.
You just want to allow the body to be able to rise up in the hole.
I wish I knew what brand that was though. I'm guessing here.

index.php

Last edited:

kramca

Reaction score
Of course. I'll try to get a tool on that thin ring and loosen to allow the body to rise.
Kohler, Delta or Moen for sure...I just can't remember and can't find the folder with all those receipts.
I'll report my progress and thanks for your input.

kramca

Reaction score
So I assume the idea at this point is to clamp the flat part of the brass and muscle off the nut below the stem at the top ?

I might need more muscle as first attempts did not budge it. Ideas ?

IMG_5198.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes it's tough. Thursday night my left shoulder and muscles in my right arm were sore. And those two spots are far apart, which I think makes it harder to set up a good positioning to get good leverage on it. You may want to disconnect the supplies and set that on the floor where you can position one wrench on the floor and then use your weight on it.

kramca

Reaction score
I feel dumb now that I see how basic this is. I will take my time and figure out how to get good leverage and if need be take it to the shop for better torque. I imagine you plumbers have to twist into all kinds of odd positions. Stay tuned and thanks so much !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks