Wet venting toilet from shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Steven Ford

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forum and first time DIY plumbing on my house. I attached my layout I was hoping to go with but have a couple questions I hope to get some answers to and of course any other problems or suggestions are welcome as well.

1) Can I use the shower vent and drain as a wet vent for the toilet?

2) Just to clarify the IPC code on horizontal venting I cant seem to find - the vent can run horizontal 6" above the flood level of the "fixture being served" or highest fixture. So just to make sure my tub vent can run horizontal once its above the rim of the tub since the vent only serves the tub and does not connect to the other vent pipes until well above any other fixture? Put another way it doesn't have to be above the sink flood level as long as the sinks have their own separate vent?

Attachments

• Plumbing Master.pdf
    17.2 KB · Views: 263

Reach4

Reaction score
1) Can I use the shower vent and drain as a wet vent for the toilet?
Yes.
2) Just to clarify the IPC code on horizontal venting I cant seem to find - the vent can run horizontal 6" above the flood level of the "fixture being served" or highest fixture. So just to make sure my tub vent can run horizontal once its above the rim of the tub since the vent only serves the tub and does not connect to the other vent pipes until well above any other fixture?
Yes.

https://wabo.memberclicks.net/assets/pdfs/Plumbing_Venting_Brochure_2018.pdf may help, although the page 12 example uses lavatories to vent the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks