Low water Pressure in Kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I installed water hammer arrestors on my kitchen sink's stops valves to dampen the water hammering. Well it worked, easy install all good.
For three days I had no issues using the kitchen sink and the water pressure was 60 PSI.
On the fourth day the water pressure out of no where went down to 10 PSI.
I replaced the faucet's aerator, no luck. I removed valve cartridge to see if it was blocked up.
I took some photos of the valve cartridge to see if anything jumps out to anyone as it looked pretty good, but take a look.
The low water pressure is on both the cold and hot water. This faucet has a pull down spray, low water pressure in either spray position.
This is localized to only this faucet.
The cold water stop riser has a 1/4" adapter that connect to a water filter.
The water filter is faucet is getting full pressure. This makes be think the pressure coming into the faucet is fine.
Everything in the house is running at full pressure, the 3 year old faucet is the only thing that is problematic.
I don't think it has anything to do with the hammer arrestors? Seems like this has to be the Faucet but I need some suggestions how to further trouble shoot this.
I suppose it could be the cartridge but I am not sure what to look for after pulling it out. I anticipated seeing lime scale or something and it was clean.
Thanks for you help and suggestions. See pictures provided.

Attachments

• CIMG5580.JPG
    CIMG5580.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 131
  • CIMG5578.JPG
    CIMG5578.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 129
  • CIMG5579.JPG
    CIMG5579.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 139
  • CIMG5582.JPG
    CIMG5582.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 130
  • CIMG5583.JPG
    CIMG5583.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 124
  • CIMG5584.JPG
    CIMG5584.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 139
  • CIMG5585.JPG
    CIMG5585.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
The low water pressure is on both the cold and hot water. This faucet has a pull down spray, low water pressure in either spray position.
This is localized to only this faucet.

Is there maybe an aerator screen or something similar? I would call the manufacturer with the model number. There may be a tag on the lines under the sink. Do you know the brand?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
remove supplyhoses at faucet attach guage . ifonly 10 psi blockage is in house somewhere (probebly right at the angle stop) if its 60 psi then problem is at faucet, since both hot and cold are reduced most likely its on the mixed side perhaps spray hose or spout. pretty simple but not nessesarily easy for you you might need to blow compressed air .

Reaction score
Is there maybe an aerator screen or something similar? I would call the manufacturer with the model number. There may be a tag on the lines under the sink. Do you know the brand?
I called the manufacture, they can't trouble shoot it, but they will send out a new cartridge. Cal Faucets. I think there must be something between the stop angles and the faucet. Good water pressure in, bad out the faucet. I thought maybe someone knew what a good cartridge looked like, no idea if these holes look right. What if I took out the cartridge and held a bucket near the handle and turned on the water, it should spray out with 60psi right there where the cartridge would be. Maybe that would help be figure this out. I suppose and can blow air up the hose to?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I called the manufacture, they can't trouble shoot it, but they will send out a new cartridge. Cal Faucets. I think there must be something between the stop angles and the faucet. Good water pressure in, bad out the faucet. I thought maybe someone knew what a good cartridge looked like, no idea if these holes look right. What if I took out the cartridge and held a bucket near the handle and turned on the water, it should spray out with 60psi right there where the cartridge would be. Maybe that would help be figure this out. I suppose and can blow air up the hose to?
Yep that works Thats one way of blasting it out

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
the first thing i do is remove cartridge then put a bucket and or a rag over it and open water . might not need air infact I use air only when using water is a challenge as because why drag out air hose and machine. it should be apparant where to try blowing it out dont know the type faucet sprayer etc . things vary slightly but basic of cource remove spray head or aerator for all this. sorr but its hard to convey in text but very basic. Ive never had a faucet wouldnt unplug .

Reaction score
Does this cartridge look fine or can you see any issue, not sure if this looks OK or not?
I have photos of this cartridge in the fully open position, as well multiple other position, the bottom hole does not look fully open to me, but no one has said anything so maybe this is what a cartridge is suppose to look like.
This is the sink specs if you want to see it

Just want to factor out the cartridge before I start blowing air and working on this further. My gut says maybe it is the cartridge here? OK thanks again for the help.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its pretty easy to inspect cartridge. remove cartridge turn water on see what happens .

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If its a pull down faucet. Have you removed the head from the hose and tried testing your volume of water. Pull down faucets typically have wire mesh strainers on one end of the sprayer hose. Have you verified that there is no blockage at that point?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
sounds like he is busy till he has time to work on it. only 10psi of pressure

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks