Need Ballast for Aerus Air Scrubber

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry Wilson

Reaction score
I have an Aerus Air Scrubber model A1013C. I need a replacement ballast. Aerus will not sell direct. I have to go through an HVAC installer. I have contacted three and they will not sell parts. They will sell me a new unit and install it, but there is nothing wrong with my unit except the ballast is shot. These are really simple units comprised of a ballast, UV tube, and a power cord. I have tested it and determined the ballast needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can buy the ballast? Part # is 9950102. I've done an extensive search on the Internet without luck.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Have you tried working backwards? Taking the bulb numbers and finding out the specs of the ballast. Contacting seller of bulb see if they sell or know who might sell a ballast. Also.look on ebay.

Last edited:

Larry Wilson

Reaction score
Have you tried working backwards? Taking the bulb numbers and finding out the specs of the ballast. Contacting seller of bulb see if they sell or know who might sell a ballast. Also.look on ebay.
This is a great suggestion. I would have followed your advice. Thankfully, I have found what I needed by going to the wholesale distributor who was happy to sell me the ballast.

Larry Wilson

Reaction score
Contact HVAC wholesalers who handle the line or find a smaller HVAC contractor.

I called on the phone and the guy said "We sell those complete units to HVAC contractors only. I'll have to check and see if we can sell the parts for it and I'll call you back." He didn't call back. So I went to the distributor's wholesale location. This worked. The distributor was happy to order the ballast for me. I should get it today.

Thanks !!

Carl Forsman

Reaction score
I called on the phone and the guy said "We sell those complete units to HVAC contractors only. I'll have to check and see if we can sell the parts for it and I'll call you back." He didn't call back. So I went to the distributor's wholesale location. This worked. The distributor was happy to order the ballast for me. I should get it today.

Thanks !!

Thank you for the information - I also need a air scrubber ballast - can you share what the ballast cost.

Neil H.

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this information. My air scrubber ballast just died tonight and am in need of a replacement. I've reached out to several local HVAC wholesale distributors and hopefully they will sell me one. I might have to try your trick of just showing up at one of their locations.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks