Bathroom sink pipe question

Users who are viewing this thread

Samanta

Reaction score
Hi and thank you
Just a quick question, I know absolutely nothing regarding plumbing and will attach pictures. Can anyone help me out with the part name from the image. From what I've seen I think it's a pvc joint extension tube. Also in the second picture that silver part w/ a box around it came loose . How do I go about repairing that & also what is it called
Thank you

received_2641537636087953.jpeg
received_1844494115697541.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
Crummy flex thing is called a tailpiece extension.

Cross-threaded silver thing is a threaded tailpiece.

White thing on the left is a glued trap that makes things harder to align for you.

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
That flex piece is a tailpiece extension. Get a rigid tubular tailpiece extension to replace what you have. It's already lined up, so no problem replacing. Those flex ones tend to catch stuff and grow bacteria (and they're not to code). The one you buy may be two-sided. Just cut it to size with a hacksaw.

The silver piece is part of the pop-up drain assembly. The threads on them are very slim, so it helps to add a little pipe dope to it when you thread it on. They only need to be hand-tight. That bottoms them out.

Samanta

Reaction score
Thank you! That makes things a bit easier, the extension piece broke in half completely so atleast now I'll know what to ask for

Crummy flex thing is called a tailpiece extension.

Cross-threaded silver thing is a threaded tailpiece.

White thing on the left is a glued trap that makes things harder to align for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks