Kohler Highline pressure assist install

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnfin

Reaction score
well my powerflush kohler went well. 1 hr for the job. Seal was easy. Only issue was the plastic inlet on the tank was slightly damaged. I sanded it so the id was smooth and its drip free now. Could not find original hard pipe so i went braided.
I also noticed my stop is 5/8 compressing. Cant find any local store with one.

20200829_115017.jpg
20200829_163533.jpg
20200830_091152.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
I also noticed my stop is 5/8 compressing. Cant find any local store with one.
It's called 1/2 inch nominal compression. That is 5/8 OD.

If the pipe is in good shape, you could consider one of the the 1/2 inch 3/8 out SharkBite stop valves

Johnfin

Reaction score
Terry was talking about the caulking to the floor code and leaving a space open. Is that a uniform or international code. The florida code says:
405.5Water-tight joints.
Joints formed where fixtures come in contact with walls or floors shall be sealed

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The toilet wax ring seals the toilet from the waste system to the floor...sealing around the outer front 3/4 or so of the toilet helps with sanitation (stuff getting caught underneath) and to help hold the toilet from moving, which will damage the wax seal. I suppose you could interpret that rule that the whole toilet needed to be sealed, and functionally, it won't hurt, but makes discovering a leak down the line much harder before some damage could occur. Wax rings are pretty reliable, but aggressive plunging can cause a blowout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks