Almost no pressure in 4 out of 6 zones

Users who are viewing this thread

texbob

Reaction score
What would cause low pressure in 4 zones - 1, 2, 4 and 6 (entire front yard and zone 6 in the back of the house)? Water barely trickles out of each sprinkler head in these zones, but pressure is fine in zones 3 and 5. There are 3 anti-siphon values (see attached drawing indicated by v v in the right side of the front yard). When I open each one counterclockwise all the way, water starts to drip out. The water stops when I close the valve.

Attachments

• sprinkler map.jpg
    sprinkler map.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 213
  • sprinkler valve 1.jpg
    sprinkler valve 1.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 214
  • sprinkler valve 2.jpg
    sprinkler valve 2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Either debris inside the pipes or the irrigation valves are bad and may need a rebuild. If you know the first sprinkler after the zone valve, remove that sprinkler and turn in the water. If the water doesn't shoot up Several feet into the air, the valve could be the problem. The diaphragm gets stiff and may not be opening fully. If the four zones problem started at the same time then debris would be a suspect.

texbob

Reaction score
Either debris inside the pipes or the irrigation valves are bad and may need a rebuild. If you know the first sprinkler after the zone valve, remove that sprinkler and turn in the water. If the water doesn't shoot up Several feet into the air, the valve could be the problem. The diaphragm gets stiff and may not be opening fully. If the four zones problem started at the same time then debris would be a suspect.

Thank you. What does it indicate if water starts slowly leaking out from the valve when I manually open the solenoids? Also, the lawn guy recently replaced a sprinkler valve that got mowed over in a zone that is still working (zone 3) . Could debris from that sprinkler head opening travel and block a different zone?

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
What does it indicate if water starts slowly leaking out from the valve when I manually open the solenoids?
If the valve itself is leaking you likely have a broken diaphragm in the valve.

Also, the lawn guy recently replaced a sprinkler valve that got mowed over in a zone that is still working (zone 3) . Could debris from that sprinkler head opening travel and block a different zone?
I've never heard of anything like this happening, its highly unlikely. It's a long way back up to the manifold set and into another zone even if it were the first head in the zone. On top of that the backflow preventer wouldn't allow much reverse flow if any at all.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
All depends where the break was but for four zones to go out at once probably not. A lot of mud would have to entered the pipe. If you have pop up sprinklers, remove the nozzle only and below it there will be a filter screen. Remove it. If it’s full of mud that’s the problem. If not time to open valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks