Need some help with gathering stuff for replacing submersible pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Anna fon Eynik

Reaction score
Guys,I already posted a thread but can't find it. We are replacing our pump and need to know what do we need for it. We want to choose a poly pipe for the submersible pump 24v - for the future solar system. The approx depth is 40ft. Still not sure for now. Already found the pump on Amazon, need to know what fittings do we need for it. We want to buy 1"poly pipe, but what fitting do we need for the measurements I've attached on those pictures? Also, we need to find a water well seal cup and we have 4 1/2" outside diameter. Finding only 4" but inside diameter. will it fit? Can't measure because it is on the pipe now. Please, help with any advice. Thanks

Attachments

• 1597169014425.JPEG
    1597169014425.JPEG
    126.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 1597169015013.JPEG
    1597169015013.JPEG
    132.3 KB · Views: 192

Reach4

Reaction score
Guys,I already posted a thread but can't find it.
It was at https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/replacing-pipe-and-submrsible-pump.88855/

We want to choose a poly pipe for the submersible pump 24v - for the future solar system. The approx depth is 40ft. Still not sure for now. Already found the pump on Amazon, need to know what fittings do we need for it. We want to buy 1"poly pipe, but what fitting do we need for the measurements I've attached on those pictures?

We want to choose a poly pipe for the submersible pump 24v - for the future solar system. The approx depth is 40ft. Still not sure for now. Already found the pump on Amazon, need to know what fittings do we need for it. We want to buy 1"poly pipe, but what fitting do we need for the measurements I've attached on those pictures?
One inch SIDR pipe, that uses barbs and two worm gear clamps, has I.D. 1.049" Your OD is within the range you would expect for 1 inch SIDR pipe. The OD varies with SIDR pipe according to the wall thickness. You need to heat the poly pipe to get it soft enough to get over the barb. Dipping the pipe in boiling water is a good way to do that.

Your standard 1 inch barbed fittings would be that size. The word "insert" is often used to describe those fittings. Example: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-in-Brass-Male-Insert-Adapter-EBMA100NL/205618080

The plastic insert fittings are cheaper, but I would not put those down the well or hang the drop pipe from those.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You should probably use a "3 inch" pump in a 4 inch steel casing if you don't want to risk the pump getting stuck.

If you use a "4 inch" pump, it should be a slimline/trimline pump that is 3.75 inch diameter rather than the common "4 inch" pump which is more like 3.9 inch.

Anna fon Eynik

Reaction score
Thank you for answers. What fitting do we need to use to connect the poly pipe after making it soft to the barb - do I need to use such hose clamp or it has to be a special clamp?

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.jpg
    Screenshot_11.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 169

Reach4

Reaction score
Thank you for answers. What fitting do we need to use to connect the poly pipe after making it soft to the barb - do I need to use such hose clamp or it has to be a special clamp?
Such clamps. Use two, with the screws on opposite sides. In deeper wells, people would use a long-barb fitting that takes 3 such clamps.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks