DWV plan

Users who are viewing this thread

ETOH

Reaction score
hello all,

I am in the Middle of a master bath remodel. Everything is open and accessible. I’ve done some searching and I think this plan follows the rules but would love confirmation. Looking forward to feedback

Thanks!

B8B91B1E-F052-4FD4-8E42-DCC4D4EF8059.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
If that wye for the toilet is in the horizontal plane, then you are good. If that wye is in the horizontal vertical plane, some would say it is not allowed. I don't know why, or even if, it would be a problem.

Last edited:

ETOH

Reaction score
If that wye for the toilet is in the horizontal plane, then you are good. If that wye is in the horizontal plane, some would say it is not allowed. I don't know why, or even if, it would be a problem.

Thanks for the reply. You wrote horizontal twice. Please clarify

ETOH

Reaction score
And the wyes for the shower and wc would both be horizontal in the drawing

Gagecalman

Reaction score
I'm not a plumber. Just trying to learn.
What vents the toilet? If it's wet vented by the lav does that vent need to be 2"?

Reach4

Reaction score
I'm not a plumber. Just trying to learn.
What vents the toilet? If it's wet vented by the lav does that vent need to be 2"?
Toilet venting is different than for other things. For most things, the venting prevents siphoning in the trap. In a toilet, the trap is part of the toilet. The trap siphons out on purpose. The trap then gets refilled via the refill tube and the overflow tube as the tank refills.

The venting then keeps the slug of water and solids from being held back. In UPC, the toilet is last in the wet-venting line. In IPC, that is not required. There must be a roof vent in the system to prevent a pressurized system, but the lavatory and the rest of the group could be vented with an AAV.

UPC wants the wet vent for the toilet to be 2 inches (or more). IPC, not sure. 1.5 inches after a lavatory may be sufficient, but I am not sure of that.

Reach4

Reaction score
There is absolutely NO requirement, in the UPC, that the toilet be the "last" fixture.
UPC allows a shower downstream of the toilet to be wet vented by a lavatory upstream of the toilet?

ETOH

Reaction score
Follow up question. Probably tackling this today. I have the ability to vent the shower directly since everything is open. Is it better to do this performance wise? Or will everything be fine with the wet vent setup? Obviously it is easier/quicker to wet vent but this is our master bath and will be used daily so performance is a consideration.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks