Delta faucets and PEX C-- cutting

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Schreiber

Reaction score
I want to cut the lines shorter off the Delta faucet now installed. They are too long when trying to retrofit a Watts sensor valve manifold under them and connect it all . . . CLEANLY.

I simply need to know what exactly to buy to replace the existing ferrules on the two PEX C lines. Once cut I want to be SURE I replace with a compression ferrule that will WORK.

thanks!

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I want to cut the lines shorter off the Delta faucet now installed. They are too long when trying to retrofit a Watts sensor valve manifold under them and connect it all . . . CLEANLY.
Usually the faucet would already come with what you need

I simply need to know what exactly to buy to replace the existing ferrules on the two PEX C lines. Once cut I want to be SURE I replace with a compression ferrule that will WORK.

thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
I want to cut the lines shorter off the Delta faucet now installed.
To be clear, you don't intend to cut anything that Delta supplied, right? You want to cut a piece of PEX-C and do what with the cut end -- put a connector on it that can go to a valve or something?

Or did I misunderstand?

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like the Rehau PEX cutters but any will give you a nice cut provided the blade is not dull. Then use the nuts and ferrels provided with the faucet. The nut first then the ferrel with the sharp end pointing down into stop.

Edit: you can safely loop that stuff though as long as you do not kink or put in a bind. There is an art to getting them in I’ll see if I can find a picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Each type of pex will have a minimum bend radius, and of the three types, -A, -B, and -C, type -C is the stiffest, and has the largest bend radius. But, if you want to make the best right-angle bend without worrying about kinking, use a bend support bracket. It's best for the pex to be already pointing at the fitting when it's naturally installed rather than putting tension on the fitting and tubing. Often, though, there's enough room to make a nice bend into the fitting without issues.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks