Question: Connecting vents below flood height of highest fixture?

Users who are viewing this thread

noahchase1

Reaction score
Non plumber here. My rough in failed inspection today because of this statement printed on the inspector's report:

Vents should be 6” above flood-level rim of fixture before offsetting horizontally. Vents shall rise to 6” above flood-level rim of fixture served before being connected to any other vent.

After doing some research, I understand the issue at hand, which is the vent is running horizontal and could possibly cause an issue in case of a clog. However, I cannot figure out a solution. This is a freestanding clawfoot tub with no walls within a few feet of the drain. So it's not like I can just extend the drain upward to vent. Can someone please explain a fix on how I can reroute the lines to make this code compliant? I'm in OKC. Thanks.

2irWmcJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
After doing some research, I understand the issue at hand, which is the vent is running horizontal and could possibly cause an issue in case of a clog. However, I cannot figure out a solution. This is a freestanding clawfoot tub with no walls within a few feet of the drain. So it's not like I can just extend the drain upward to vent. Can someone please explain a fix on how I can reroute the lines to make this code compliant?
I presume that wye is in the horizontal plane.

Stick a lavatory above that pipe above the ladder. Then you will have a proper wet vent, which can go horizontal. Insulate to prevent the lavatory plumbing from freezing.

If you need that to be a dry vent and putting a lavatory in won't work for you, I think there could be an alternative from somebody else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks