Is water leaking behind Shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

zzuhaib

Reaction score
Hello All I am attaching two pics, please let me know what is happening here? I had a Custom shower made last year, but the bottoam part of the wall beside the Shower is bubbling and making mold, is it just moisture causing this or is there a actual leak?

Attachments

• plumbing 1.jpg
    plumbing 1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 165
  • plumbin 2.jpg
    plumbin 2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 149

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The stains are definitely from water and being on both side sure looks like it is bad workmanship. The the brown color stain is when water is being absorbed by the wood behind the paint. After the shower use, is there any water on the floor? Are you sure no water is seeping past the shower door frame?

zzuhaib

Reaction score
The stains are definitely from water and being on both side sure looks like it is bad workmanship. The the brown color stain is when water is being absorbed by the wood behind the paint. After the shower use, is there any water on the floor? Are you sure no water is seeping past the shower door frame?

Yes I checked there is no water on floor after shower, my tenant who has some knowledge of plumbing said that the shower water drains very slowly in the shower, that means the way it was built was wrong, Could he be right? is that what is causing this? I hope there is no pipe leak

Storm rider

Slave to rentals
Reaction score
I would cut out the damaged drywall, which you are going to have to repair anyway, and that will give you a better view of what is happening in the wall and under the pan.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, a properly build shower pan should not leak even if it was filled to near the top of the curb (the liner is below the tile and some substrate compatible with the tile, so leave maybe 1" or so to the top of the finished curb). Code says no holes in the liner within 2" above the top of the curb, so if that is done right, assuming you plug the drain well, it should fill up and not leak. A slow drain just implies there may be a partial clog, or the slope of the drain or the venting is not done right. Actually, without a vent, it could flow way too well, and not break the suction, and siphon itself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks