Users who are viewing this thread

Steveo

Reaction score
F4DE4A24-5C18-45A2-BD85-593014483810.jpeg
6EC6AFBF-A996-416B-82B1-0A9A2537D556.jpeg

Old angle valve failed so I had to replace it and needed to replace the supply line as well - the old supply line was part of the valve.

First time doing any of this kind of work and wondering if the supply line I installed is the wrong length. I had to put a lot of pressure on the line to make it bend to line up with the openings. Probably should have angled the valve toward the toilet but again this is my first time trying.

Would a longer supply line be better and take some of the stress off the connections - or since it isn’t leaking don’t mess with it?

Before (White line) and after (ss braided line) pictures attached.

Last edited by a moderator:

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's likely fine. You could angle the stop towards the toilet to have the supply bend a little less aggressively if you really feel the need to change it, though.

Steveo

Reaction score
It's likely fine. You could angle the stop towards the toilet to have the supply bend a little less aggressively if you really feel the need to change it, though.
Thanks! I had thought about that but I had a hell of a time getting the compression fitting to sit and not leak so I’m more than a little hesitant to try and move it. Unless it’s necessary to prevent a catastrophic failure in the future I probably shouldn’t test my luck!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks good! I sometimes turn angle stop at a position that alows a better bend like closer to 3 oclock . but I think its fine!

Steveo

Reaction score
Looks good! I sometimes turn angle stop at a position that alows a better bend like closer to 3 oclock . but I think its fine!
Appreciate you taking a look! After I tightened up the compression nut I wondered if that would have been a bit better. But it isn't leaking and so far so good - so not gonna fix what isn't broken. Sometimes my "fixes" are worse than just leaving it alone ... learning to just leave it alone :) Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks