Help a student of Dominican engineering, bathroom design

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am an engineering student in the Dominican Republic, I am doing a degree job in which I evaluate the construction habits of plumbing in my country.
We do not use any specific code (UPC, IPC etc), our DWV plumbing code part has around 8 pages !!!!!!
I am studying the typical case of a 4-level building with two apartments per level and two bathrooms per level. In the projects that I was able to review, they usually do what I show in figure 1, in my point of view it is a complicated design with many connections, I am proposing what I show in figures 2 and 3, The most important thing in our case is that it works correctly, at present we have many problems in plumbing systems.
Any advice would be very welcome and sorry for my poor english.

Attachments

• Figure 1.pdf
    32.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Figure 2.pdf
    31.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Figure 3.pdf
    34.3 KB · Views: 135

Reach4

Reaction score
Commenting on 2 and 3. I think UPC might have problems with the venting of the floor drains, but I think IPC would be ok with that.

Tee joining the horizontal 4 inch to the stack should be a sanitary tee, two 45s, or a combo. I am not a plumber.

I think most would run 3 inch to the stack, but certainly 4 inch is very good.

Reaction score
Commenting on 2 and 3. I think UPC might have problems with the venting of the floor drains, but I think IPC would be ok with that.

Tee joining the horizontal 4 inch to the stack should be a sanitary tee, two 45s, or a combo. I am not a plumber.

I think most would run 3 inch to the stack, but certainly 4 inch is very good.

Thanks for your help Reach4 i really appreciate your help.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am an engineering student in the Dominican Republic, I am doing a degree job in which I evaluate the construction habits of plumbing in my country.
We do not use any specific code (UPC, IPC etc), our DWV plumbing code part has around 8 pages !!!!!!
I am studying the typical case of a 4-level building with two apartments per level and two bathrooms per level. In the projects that I was able to review, they usually do what I show in figure 1, in my point of view it is a complicated design with many connections, I am proposing what I show in figures 2 and 3, The most important thing in our case is that it works correctly, at present we have many problems in plumbing systems.
Any advice would be very welcome and sorry for my poor english.
Jose No aplology for poor english. I have no excuse. Im from USA my whole life ha ha.
The situation looks like it might be better if you just run vertical stack and not all the horzontal lines

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good info Reach 4. I was thinking more toward the single stack vent or waste stack method Illustrated. Something along those system types. I havent done system desighn of any signifigance in quite some time

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks