I have a Rain Bird ESP-M Modular Sprinkler Controller

Users who are viewing this thread

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
I have a Blossom 7. It was a snap to install, cheap and easy to program. It has a "Smart" watering scheme built in but that can be easily overridden for a more conventional program. Here in my area we have watering restrictions which wouldn't allow for random watering when the controller sees fit but I could see the value of it were that not the case. The controller can connect to the internet for local weather and rainfall totals and adjusts it's program accordingly. Its nice to be able to sit on my couch and flip on the sprinklers when I want with just my phone. Its also very handy when troubleshooting problems with the system. You don't have to run back and forth to the controller every time I want to flip on a zone. There is a test feature which runs the zone for a few seconds. You can even attach pictures to each zone in case you forget which zone is where. It also supports turning a well pump on/off if you are on well water.

But that just one of many options out there. My two cents.

CCinPA

Reaction score
I have a Blossom 7. It was a snap to install, cheap and easy to program. It has a "Smart" watering scheme built in but that can be easily overridden for a more conventional program. Here in my area we have watering restrictions which wouldn't allow for random watering when the controller sees fit but I could see the value of it were that not the case. The controller can connect to the internet for local weather and rainfall totals and adjusts it's program accordingly. Its nice to be able to sit on my couch and flip on the sprinklers when I want with just my phone. Its also very handy when troubleshooting problems with the system. You don't have to run back and forth to the controller every time I want to flip on a zone. There is a test feature which runs the zone for a few seconds. You can even attach pictures to each zone in case you forget which zone is where. It also supports turning a well pump on/off if you are on well water.

But that just one of many options out there. My two cents.

I took a quick look at it... Looks very interesting! I'll read more later. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks