Sprinkler Anti Siphon valve is leaking from cap

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeyDYI80

Reaction score
Tonight after I manually turned on one of my sprinkler zones for few minutes and after it was done I noticed that water was continuously leaking from the underneath the cap of the anti siphon valve. I thought it would stop after a few minutes, but it did not. When I tried to turn on the sprinkler zone again the water would stop, but after closing it again it would leak again. So I just went ahead and shut off the valve for the whole sprinkler system until I was able to troubleshoot.

So in my situation do I need to replace the whole anti siphon valve unit or can I just fix the cap part. I am attaching a pic with the part circled in red to indicate where the leak is coming from. Any help would be appreciated.

Anti Siphon Value.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The anti-siphon is downstream of the valve, so I believe either

(a) the valve isn't fully closing and is letting some water past or
(b) the zone has outlets at a higher elevation that your anti-siphon unit (which I believe it shouldn't) and you just haven't waited long enough for it to empty the zone.

Cheers, Wayne

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
A leaky valve would not cause the anti siphon to open. wwhitney (b) is more likely the cause.

Reach4

Reaction score
With a regular spigot with anti-siphon, you can clean debris out under the cap, and often need no new parts. Is it similar with a valve like Joey's?

Paul DT

Reaction score
Same issue - Sprinkler anti siphon lid on my Champion brass irrigation valve leaks (heavily) when this irrigation Zone is turned ON & none of my sprinklers pop out and they don't work in this zone....

It was working perfectly until this. The only thing I have recently done (not sure if relevant): Could the fact that I opened a sprinkler head (while system was working) last week and water squirted out and I turned the system off to fix it created the issue .
ZSkTnj7

joeydy-01.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks