Moving Sanitary Sewer Line for house remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Arfeller

Reaction score
I cross posted this in the remodel section. Not sure if better in plumbing or remodel forum.

I am remodeling an older home that is currently on post and pillar construction. I will be pouring a footing around the perimeter to add a foundation. I am also going to square up the house and get rid of all the current jogs in the exterior walls. The main sanitary sewer pipe is fairly shallow (about 12" deep) near the house and gradually dives along the yard shown in red below. The new foundation will need to go exactly over the top of its current location (shown in black below). I would rather not do this and am thinking about relocating it outside the foundation and moving the stack into the exterior wall as shown in green.

My concern is having a couple bends in the main as I have to jog it over. Will this be a problem? I will be putting in clean outs (does not currently have any and is all cast iron). The main runs about 75 feet from the riser to the alley sanitary system.

Will my new location be ok? Is there another option I should be looking at?

Thank you!

View attachment 62591

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks