Calibrating Navien NPE240A

Users who are viewing this thread

Dradam

Reaction score
When my Navien NPE 2401 tankless water heater is set to 120 degrees F I get 115 degrees at my farthest fixture. Set at 125 degrees I get 120 F at my farthest fixture. It there a way to calibreate the temp on these units-- I see nothing in the Manuals. Thanks

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
When my Navien NPE 2401 tankless water heater is set to 120 degrees F I get 115 degrees at my farthest fixture. Set at 125 degrees I get 120 F at my farthest fixture. It there a way to calibreate the temp on these units-- I see nothing in the Manuals. Thanks
What are you trying to accomplish? higher temperatures? if so I think you hold the + symbol for more then 2 seconds

Fitter30

Reaction score
Insulate the the pipe would help but there will always be a loss in temp. All pipe radiates heat copper loses more than plastic. By recalibrating the sensor will give you the temp you want but when there is a problem your wh will see 5* lower temp than what it is. So temperature difference between in & out will change the logic of the processor.

Last edited:

Dradam

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I understand there will be heat loss. I simply want to calibrate the machine reading with the actual temperature at the farthest fixture-- if there is a way.
Thank

Bannerman

Reaction score
The temperature setting is measured at the WH. Perhaps the temperature in your home today results in a 5-degree loss when reaching the far end, but 2 months from now, the home interior could be warmer and so that might result in only a 3-degree loss. Unless the sensor is located at the far end of the plumbing run, it can't know the actual temperature there.

Since you know there is currently a 5-degree difference, the best 'calibration' you can do is simply set the water temperature 5-degrees higher than desired. If you later add pipe insulation and then find there is only a 2-degree difference, you can then reset the temperature setting for only 2-degrees higher than desired.

Dradam

Reaction score
Yes, You are all correct-- it is calibrated in my head-- that said I was just curious if there were a setting where calibration could be adjusted. I would think that tested at the factory some calibration must be done.
Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks