Toto Drake and Kohler Cimmaron - are they loud?

Users who are viewing this thread

JimBee

Reaction score
I'm replacing an older Kohler toilet (not sure of the model but it's about 15 years old I think) and am trying to decide between a Toto Drake (CST744EG-01) and a Kohler Cimmaron (3609-U-0). Both reportedly have good flushing and we like the standard size so it seems like it's down to aesthetics. Some reviews I read describe the Toto as having a loud flush. Does anyone have any feedback on this? Is it as loud as a pressure-assist toilet? Is the Cimmaron similar?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sound levels between the Kohler and the TOTO are similar.
No, they are not loud and they are not pressure assist. I give a slight edge to the TOTO for performance. Either one will be better than what you had.

Last edited:

JimBee

Reaction score
Sound levels between the Kohler and the TOTO are similar.
No, they are not loud and they are not pressure assist. I give a slight edge to the TOTO for performance. Either one will be better than what you had.
Thanks Terry. That is what I am looking for. I'm leaning to the Toto myself but it looks like we'll be fine with whichever we choose.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The thing to also consider is availability of the wear parts (in the tank). Kohler tends to be a tougher one to get parts for as they tend to change designs fairly frequently. Some of the newer Totos can be, but most of them use off the shelf stuff, often supplied by Korky, generally available in the big box stores so you don't have to make a special trip to a plumbing supply house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks