Bathroom rough in at camp

Users who are viewing this thread

Justin1987

Reaction score
Redoing my camp plumbing. I’ve done some plumbing before but not an awful lot. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time. My question is with the drain plumbing. Does this diagram look like the system would work well?
49290187-6695-4688-A066-BE188B8F88E9.jpeg

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
drain from the 3" toilet line to the kitchen sink connection would need to be 2" as it would act as a wet went for the toilet.
here in ontario, this would work as well, having the kitchen and bathroom sink connected together with a double fixture fitting.

Attachments

• Inked49290187-6695-4688-A066-BE188B8F88E9.jpeg_LI.jpg
    Inked49290187-6695-4688-A066-BE188B8F88E9.jpeg_LI.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 152

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
here in ontario, this would work as well, having the kitchen and bathroom sink connected together with a double fixture fitting.
and as long as there is nothing draining into the vertical 3" stack above the shower, the shower will not need its own vent. and shower drain should be 2"

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I’m in Pennsylvania. I cannot connect the sink the way the diagram shows?

Not where you live.
Wet venting is for bathroom fixtures only.
The lav can wet vent the toilet if it's run with 2".
The kitchen sink comes in downstream of the toilet with it's own vent, which can tie in to the wc/lav vent at 42" above the floor.

Justin1987

Reaction score
Not where you live.
Wet venting is for bathroom fixtures only.
The lav can wet vent the toilet if it's run with 2".
The kitchen sink comes in downstream of the toilet with it's own vent, which can tie in to the wc/lav vent at 42" above the floor.

So the above diagram would work? Just have 2 seperate wyes in the horizontal? Also would the kitchen and the bath sink both be 2"?

Justin1987

Reaction score
The kitchen sink with 2" cleanout
The lav run with 2" because it wet vents the toilet.
Yes.
Thank you. Where would you suggest I put the clean outs? Should I put one on the closet flange if I have room? Also the wyes on the horizontal should be turned no more than 45 degrees? Also the santee on the top vent pipe should flow up or down? Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The kitchen sink needs it's cleanout, if you install a 3" there it would also handle the toilet. Somewhere you need a 3" near the end of the run.

Vent santees are upside down.

Justin1987

Reaction score
The kitchen sink needs it's cleanout, if you install a 3" there it would also handle the toilet. Somewhere you need a 3" near the end of the run.

Vent santees are upside down.[/QUOTE

this is looking down at the bathroom floor. Would this work this way? I’d like to run the 2” drains through the 2x8 joists to keep the plumbing inside the framing. The sinks would turn up vertical inside the wall and The vents would go to the attic and connect to the stack so I don’t have to drill so many holes in the framing. Any more recommendations? I’m hoping to start this weekend. Thanks for all the help thus far.
A57A3D33-0261-4E91-9446-E847007AA48E.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks