Sump float question

Users who are viewing this thread

Hidden 1

Reaction score
On the float style sump pump, at what point do the floats enguage the motor?
Also how do I need to adjust the float to get the water out sooner?
This has a clip in it to put line on float.
It doesnt seem to be engaging when water is at the point where it's almost fully horizontal.
Any info is appreciated

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg.jpg
    shopping.jpeg.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 173

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I will move this to plumbing where they are more familiar with sump pumps. But where you zip tie or tether the float switch and how much slack you give it is the only adjustment you have.

Gagecalman

Reaction score
I've had excellent results using a HydroCheck HC6000 "Hi-Lo Sump Pump Controller" . No floats to hang up and no mechanical switches to go bad. There are two sensors so you can set the on/off height where it works best for your situation and to reduce short cycling.

Reach4

Reaction score
It doesnt seem to be engaging when water is at the point where it's almost fully horizontal.
Any info is appreciated
As long as the water is not in danger of getting near the rim of the sump, it is usually better on the pump to let it pump more water each time.

Hidden 1

Reaction score
Thanks.
I found out from looking at other ones it has to be at about 45 degrees for the ball to move inside to kick on.
I'll try to zip tie or clamp the wire so it will bend faster.
I think I may just need to adjust it more. I will try that!
Is 4 inches ,from the end of float , on the clip a good," quick responding" way to set it ,its 1 ft in ground?

Side note- If I do find I need to replace the float can I remove the one on it from the base where its wired in, an on the new float ,cut the end of the 8ft piggyback plug off an wire it in?
This pump has a 20 ft power cord which is the length to the plug an no piggy back with it ,just single plug.
I tried the replacement float temporarily,[piggyback plug], with the extention cord to both an put original float in "on" position an once it finished pumping there was a hum so this wont work by just piggy back plug in .[maybe using the extension cord to test could have factored it, but its 18ft away from outlet].

Attachments

• 20200304_192001.jpg
    20200304_192001.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 659647911776.jpg
    659647911776.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 155
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks