Noritz model NRC1111DC/SV Error code 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Tourigian

Reaction score
I have tried everything that Noritz teck has told me to do. Descaled unit, cleaned fan motor, had larger gas meter installed, set dip switches to 2 & 3. I am using 3" PVC pipe and the exhaust pipe in around 12 feet long with two elbows plus a rain cap. I may have a gas pressure issue and may need to get a manometer to check gas pressure at the unit. Before I go through that should I have the gas company come and check out the gas pressure coming into my unit? This has been an ongoing problem for over a year I keep resetting the unit and it will run ok for about 2 weeks then trigger a 90 code not any fun when you are taking a shower. I recently called Noritz again and was told that I could try to change the dip switches to 7 & 3 instead of 2 & 3 which it currently is. Not hopeful that will correct my problem but will try. Any help full comments would be appreciated.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have tried everything that Noritz teck has told me to do. Descaled unit, cleaned fan motor, had larger gas meter installed, set dip switches to 2 & 3. I am using 3" PVC pipe and the exhaust pipe in around 12 feet long with two elbows plus a rain cap. I may have a gas pressure issue and may need to get a manometer to check gas pressure at the unit. Before I go through that should I have the gas company come and check out the gas pressure coming into my unit? This has been an ongoing problem for over a year I keep resetting the unit and it will run ok for about 2 weeks then trigger a 90 code not any fun when you are taking a shower. I recently called Noritz again and was told that I could try to change the dip switches to 7 & 3 instead of 2 & 3 which it currently is. Not hopeful that will correct my problem but will try. Any help full comments would be appreciated.
Ran into something like this, probably is gas pressure, usually a simple adjustment. Running multiple gas appliances at same time along with it can cause it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks