Adding sink with new vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan98270

Reaction score
Hello
Ive studied the related threads on this topic and I'm either too novice to understand how to apply the solutions provided, or my setup is different. I chased a leak in my bathroom which led to me remove flooring, vanity, drywall, etc. Now I want to replace it with 2 sinks and need a little advice.. My local plumbing store said I can add the sink to the existing drain by splicing into it directly below the existing sink line. Does that sound right? Cut below the tee, add another in, run it 3 feet over then shorten the existing sink line (to move it to the left about 18 inches)

Id also like to add a stop directly after the right sink, accessible inside the vanity, to stop flow to the standalone tub at the end of this run. What parts do I need to accomplish that? Im converting this all to pex by the way.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I apologize for creating another thread on this issue that other people may not have needed to. Im just not able to apply the previous solutions to mine...

All 1.5" ABS

Ryan
Marysville, WA
20200215_065053.jpg

IMG_20200219_112404.jpg

20200210_132815.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan98270

Reaction score
I see these 2 diagrams for 1 1/2", how can I apply this with my current setup? The 2nd picture would work but both sinks will be to the right of the drain/vent
IMG_20200220_001549.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Here is another way:

Yellow vent connects 42 inches or more above the floor with upside down santee or vent tee. That is the opposite of how I drew it. Sorry. 1.5 inch OK. Vent connects to white drain line with combo or wye+45.
img_4.jpg

Ryan98270

Reaction score
Here is another way:

Yellow vent connects 42 inches or more above the floor with upside down santee or vent tee. That is the opposite of how I drew it. Sorry. 1.5 inch OK. Vent connects to white drain line with combo or wye+45.

Thank you!
Without the added piping you drew I may end up with venting or code problems right? I feel more comfortable with your solution and is likely exactly what im going to do. I assume the vent pipe needs no slope and the upside down santee is for future snaking..

Reach4

Reaction score
Thank you!
Without the added piping you drew I may end up with venting or code problems right? I feel more comfortable with your solution and is likely exactly what im going to do. I assume the vent pipe needs no slope and the upside down santee is for future snaking..
The horizontal should slope but in reality it would not be critical. The upside down santee will probably get you that slope.

Snaking may have been the reason for that. I thought it might assist getting the air going the right direction.

Ryan98270

Reaction score
20200309_155753.jpg

Here is what I went with... Sinks are 44 inches apart so it's a little funky.. Rough ins are at 21" to the center of the pipe opening... Is that ok? Also the lowest drain fitting I used is a combo is that a problem? I also put too much slope on that horizontal line, 1.5" over 18" run... Will these issues cause me problems? No inspection but I want a solid functioning setup..
Thx!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks