TOTO Water Hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeRI

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased and installed a new Toto Promenade II after a bathroom update. The previous toilet was 15 y/o Mansfield.

I love the Toto. However, I notice that the fill valve closes much faster than the previous toilet. Because of this, I am getting a slight water hammer (I hesitate to call it a true water hammer, its more like a slight vibration). This did not happen with the previous toilet and I have not changed the existing shut off (it was in great shape).

I called Toto. Their advise was to close the shutoff slightly (like 3/4 open). Sounds like a bad idea to me. Any other options beside changing the fill valve?

Also, I see that they make mini hammer arrestors for the supply line. Has anybody used one? If so, how do you like it?

Also, if it matters, we are on well water. I do get a hammer on our front load washing machine (i have installed mini arrestors here to get rid of the problem).

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Toto is correct

The supply valve to most fixtures is a globe pattern type and the reason being a globe valve is designed for throttling

JoeRI

Reaction score
Toto is correct

The supply valve to most fixtures is a globe pattern type and the reason being a globe valve is designed for throttling

I have a quarter turn ball stop i believe. Its by brasscraft. Does that make any difference?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks