Toilet flange under tile partially

Users who are viewing this thread

237user

Reaction score
Hi I am trying to install a new toilet however there's almost an inch gap between flange and floor. Previous owner had stacked two wax rings with both horns. Thick wax ring is not high enough (toilet does not compress it at all). I purchased a danco perfect seal however because the flange is partially under the tile it will not sit flat in the hole. I want to try stacking wax rings ( thick ring under with no horn and regular ring with horn ontop) or just modify the perfect seal to fit into the hole. But I'm concerned that stacking the rings would result in too much wax. Some wax already dried down the drain pipe from the earlier installation. Extender seems to be not viable because the flange is not exposed fully. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_20200213_203608.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200213_193110.jpg
    IMG_20200213_193110.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 181

237user

Reaction score
Hi thanks for replies.

As an update I ended up putting 2 wax rings (regular on bottom and thicker one on top with horn). Not sure if I should change it to 2 regular. So far no leaks after several flushes however I may have over shimmied and the front is not level to the front (I removed plastic shimmies since the toilet is stable without them). The toilet doesn't move at all but should I be considered? I installed a cadet 3.

IMG_20200214_165953.jpg
IMG_20200214_165957.jpg
IMG_20200214_165943.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks