Looking for a replacement for a A.S. Tofino

Users who are viewing this thread

Bill Stock

Reaction score
I installed a Tofino toilet about five years ago and it has worked OK during that time. It recently started to rock a bit, probably because I had knee surgery and the elevated toilet seat put extra pressure on the connection. I tried to find someone to re-seat the toilet, but they wanted more than the toilet cost to lift it up and put it back down again.

The Dual Flush valve has started to leak since then and I can't find a replacement in Canada, American Standard simply does not respond to Chats, emails or phone calls. So I'm looking for a replacement toilet, I like the Drake II and the Ultramax looks sharp, but OH the price. LOL. This is for the main bath, so something pretty would be better. I installed a Cadet 3 in the Powder Room yesterday, as the SO wanted Bone, otherwise I would not have purchased an A.S..

My requirements are that it flush well, be decent quality and have no NON STANDARD parts that I can't replace in 10 years.

Thanks

as-tofino.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
The Dual Flush valve has started to leak since then and I can't find a replacement in Canada, American Standard simply does not respond to Chats, emails or phone calls.

Rocking would be a bad installation usually... not shimmed properly. The alternative would be that the floor is failing. A new toilet would not solve that.

Bill Stock

Reaction score
Rocking would be a bad installation usually... not shimmed properly. The alternative would be that the floor is failing. A new toilet would not solve that.

Yeah, I did a web search first, but it says the part is discontinued. I did find the part at Chicago Faucet Shop, but shipping is about $100 CDN. This is odd because HD still sells that toilet, but they were no help with parts.

I have no doubt that the monkey install job is an issue, but I don't want a toilet for which I can't buy parts.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yeah, I did a web search first, but it says the part is discontinued.
To be explicit, I suggest you call their 800-387-0369 number, and ask for the part. If one part is discontinued, I would expect they have a replacement,

Bill Stock

Reaction score
Yeah, like I said, THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE. I have tried to chat them several times, but it is never available. I sent them two callback requests via their contact form, but they never called. I have tried that phone number several times and your wait time starts at ten minutes and keeps climbing until they dump you to voicemail. I left them a voicemail after several phone calls, but they did not respond to that either. If you look at their reviews online, you will see tons of one star reviews with the exact same comments. I don't care if you make the prettiest shitter going, if you don't offer support it doesn't matter.

I have a simple rule, if I have to work to spend my money, I will happily find another company to take it.

Bill Stock

Reaction score
I installed a Tofino toilet about five years ago and it has worked OK during that time. It recently started to rock a bit, probably because I had knee surgery and the elevated toilet seat put extra pressure on the connection. I tried to find someone to re-seat the toilet, but they wanted more than the toilet cost to lift it up and put it back down again.

The Dual Flush valve has started to leak since then and I can't find a replacement in Canada, American Standard simply does not respond to Chats, emails or phone calls. So I'm looking for a replacement toilet, I like the Drake II and the Ultramax looks sharp, but OH the price. LOL. This is for the main bath, so something pretty would be better. I installed a Cadet 3 in the Powder Room yesterday, as the SO wanted Bone, otherwise I would not have purchased an A.S..

My requirements are that it flush well, be decent quality and have no NON STANDARD parts that I can't replace in 10 years.

Thanks

as-tofino.jpg

Bill Stock

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing a Toto Ultramax II from a local specialty shop. I placed the order this morning and they responded within two hours with a delivery time. It was $200 cheaper than HD too, so I'm a happy camper.

Looking forward to installing my new Toto.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks