Aquia fill valve. Mystery needs to be solved...help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Kitui

Reaction score
We got a Toto Aquia 1 piece. We replace a poor flushing Koehler Santa Rosa. When we put the new toilette in place, the water will not fill the tank. While doing the swap, we did close the water supply. We replace also the hose from the valve to the tank, thinking that it might be the problem. Why the toilette does not get water in the tank? The water can get out if we open the water with no toilette installed...it goes everywhere...but...when we put the toilette back just a cup of water gets in the tank

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Kitui

Reaction score
Toto uses a filter screen to stop sediment from entering the valve. It is item 4 on the parts sheet. You can remove it and clean then reinstall.

I am a little lost, why a sediment filter should stop water? It should stop sediment as designed. When I click on the link, it says "discontinued". The Aquia is a new install. It should not have any sediment on the filter. Right?

Kitui

Reaction score
Yes, it is an Aquia IV and it is one piece toilette. I did not think about a dirty filter because the toilette is coming straight from the factory. We will look into it. We actually saw the same issue when we installed the valve for the sink faucet. Everything was new but we opened the water and the water did not come out...well the filter was full of little stones that probably were in the old pipe. I did not know also toilettes have filters. Now I know. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks