When shower is on I am getting a small steady stream of water from tub spout.

Users who are viewing this thread

yeto

Reaction score
When shower is on I am getting a small steady stream of water from tub spout. What part of the diverter valve needs to be repaired to prevent this from happening?

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
some diverters are designed to do that so they open after the water is turned off. If yours is not that way, then you have to replace the diverter spout.

yeto

Reaction score
some diverters are designed to do that so they open after the water is turned off. If yours is not that way, then you have to replace the diverter spout.

It is not designed for water to come out of the spout while the shower is on. Why does the valve have to be replaced? Why can't it be repaired?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is easier to just replace the diverter stem. Replacements are fairly easy to get. You just match it to the one you need and screw it in. Easy peasy go have fun.

Attachments

• Sayco Diverter.jpg
    Sayco Diverter.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 142

Reach4

Reaction score
It is not designed for water to come out of the spout while the shower is on. Why does the valve have to be replaced? Why can't it be repaired?
You have 3 pieces of rubber there? Two o-rings and one washer on the end? You could try replacing those 3 with the help of a good hardware store. I am not a pro.

yeto

Reaction score
When in the shower position where is the water traveling to get to the tub spout? Is it the "cage" that is worn that is allowing the water to pass?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks