Newly installed Delta tub/shower valve problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Zach Coleman

Reaction score
Roughed in a shower valve, as I finished soldering it together. Everything held no leaks. I get good water flow when I run tub only. When I pull the diverter on the tub spout I cant get water to the shower. What could be going on???!!!!!

Attachments

• 1578185634287383754195618740919.jpg
    1578185634287383754195618740919.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 239

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
What brand of valve body? Just a few checks. Is the valve body installed up right? The bottom of these valve bodies are drilled and bored so the shower end must be straight up. Is the cartridge inserted correctly?

I once read on this forum with a similar problem. Solder from the shower joint had dripped into the valve body and plugged the hole for the shower.

After you get the problem resolved, cap off both tub and shower and open the valve. Let the water pressure sit on it for a few days to be sure of no leaks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does the water continue to flow out the tub spout, or does it shut off when you pull the diverter?

Zach Coleman

Reaction score
Turns out that solder had plugged the shower inlet. I heated the valve body and blew out the drop eared 90... Now works like a charm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks