Were does laundry waste and residual water from hvac go

Users who are viewing this thread

MKS

Reaction score
We are in the northern third of Illinois. My sons house was built I believe in the 1950s. The first and second floor waste goes out the side of the basement wall and to the septic field. In the basement the laundry and hvac liquids go straight down into the basement floor. No ejector pump just a ground water sump pump that ends up in a ditch at the front of the house. I intend to make a strong gallon of koolaid and dump it in the washer drain to see if it ends up in the sump pump. I am not familiar with homes on septic systems so if you have some insight it would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
The first and second floor waste goes out the side of the basement wall and to the septic field. In the basement the laundry and hvac liquids go straight down into the basement floor. No ejector pump just a ground water sump pump that ends up in a ditch at the front of the house. I intend to make a strong gallon of koolaid and dump it in the washer drain to see if it ends up in the sump pump.
That is the much more likely hookup.

Also possible is there is a "dry well" for the laundry water.

The normal way to check is with sewer tracing dye, and have a UV light. A pint or quart bottle of food color will be much more intense than a strong Koolaid dose. https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=%22food%20color%22%20quart

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks